Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wonderful Babs

random
Babs was incredible. Before seeing the show, I was happy to have tickets and thrilled my mom could go, but afterwards I’m just as thrilled I could go. I’ve always known her music, but not until she walked out onto stage and I was 15 rows away from her (ok – give or take a few feet…) did I have the reaction of “Omg… it’s Barbra Streisand!!!”. Her singing was strong and as amazing as I remember it when my mom played her records as we cleaned the house on Saturdays. Even though we could see the teleprompter, she was natural and broke away from the script occasionally. She even frequently acknowledged the hoots and hollers from fans. One of her comments I enjoyed was when she stated that there have been many rumors about her, such as the one where she walked into a room and fired all the musicians on the left. She said if any one knew her, and if she did fire anyone, it would have been everyone on the right. Go get ‘em Babs.

runnings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home