Friday, October 20, 2006

Chris Cain in Indianapolis

random
Several people made the suggestion to hit The Slippery Noodle so last night my coworker and I made our way to this blues bar in downtown Indianapolis. We saw one of the most entertaining blues performers I've seen (granted, I'm not well versed in blues...). Not only does Chris Cain create great music, but he has a face of putty. His facial expressions mimicked his music. Sometimes he had a thoughtful look and would look out into the audience observing people’s reactions. The next beat he’d have a big, open-mouthed grin that showed how much fun it all was. His mop of curly grey hair bounced around until it became damp with sweat at which point it did more of a flapping thing than bouncing. We did take a chance to chat with him and I asked if he ever made his way to Minneapolis. He said he had just been to Famous Dave’s. I’ll be keeping an eye out for him again and will be sure and make it out as I believe the reason I'm so excited about him is because I saw him live.

runnings
I convinced myself to get out for a run yesterday by telling myself I needed to try an outdoor run in Indianapolis and also because I'm not having any knee issues. I found a lake (well, maybe more a pond) behind the hotel and made a few laps around it. I'm still not sure what to do about my physical therapy appointment Monday if I'm not having any issues at the moment. I rested my knee too well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home