Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bleeding the Radiators

random
Since it was a crisp 52 degrees in my place this morning my neighbors and I decided it was time to turn on the heat (apparently we skipped fall). My building has one boiler and one thermostat. I like the charm of the radiators and the heat isn't as drying as forced air, but it seems to be a bit of a science to balance the heat with such a method. Last winter I had days where I was suffering with 80 degrees while my upstairs neighbor was finally comfortable around 70 degrees. At other times I was around 70 and they were in the mid 50s. We found various reasons for this crazy temperature spread and this year we hope we start things right. After a little bleeding party, all the radiators are bled and the boiler is on. Lets see what temperature we get this time.

runnings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home