Monday, October 23, 2006

What to Wear to See Barbara Streisand

random
Apparently I need to put some consideration into what I wear to see Barbara Streisand tomorrow. I hadn’t really thought about it, but according to this article, this is a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity I should dress up for. I won’t go as far as a formal dress, but the suggestion of boots, a nice skirt and sweater sounds nice:
"I'd love to see a girl in a great pair of boots, a fashionable skirt, a longer coat and sweater," suggests Twin Cities fashion producer Grant Whittaker. "We live in a society that's so ridden with bad self-esteem, getting dressed up makes you feel good."
Although, I usually dress nicely for work even though our dress is casual and many of my coworkers dress as you would expect developers to -- jeans or shorts, t-shirts or sweat shirts. But does this article imply I usually feel good or I am dressing up to feel good?

runnings
I cancelled my physical therapy appointment. I really have nothing to show her right now so I'd rather get running again and have something to work with if my knee gets bad. My referral only lasts for 60 days though so I'd better get back at it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, Don't forget it's Barbra.

Have a great time tomorrow! Cheers!

11:10 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Oh my -- spelling has never been my strong suit. I better start going with Babs.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an opportunity (seeing Barbra, not the dressing up ;). Reading your blog reminded me that I read a biography on her when I was in high school. The thing I remember most vividly was that at one time she had looked into having surgery to reduce the size of her nose. She was told, however, that if she changed her nose, it could dramatically affect the sound of her voice/singing. Good thing she left it alone. I remember the days, too, of watching her movies and listening to her music with Mom. I'm glad she can join you. HAVE FUN!!!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home