Friday, September 08, 2006

St. Paul?

random
I went back to the blue beast for the Great Gatsby last night. The theatre was impressive and the performance was great. Since I recently reread the book I found it interesting to notice the parts that were created for the play versus what was written in the book. For example, conversations were created for parts of the book that instead simply read something like “they had an argument”. My favorite part unique to the play was how Nick explained where he was from. The first time he was asked, he responded “St. Paul”. After a few blank looks, he clarified “Minnesota”. Later, when Gatsby asks, Nick says “Minneapolis” and Gatsby gives a nod of recognition. I have nothing against St. Paul and in fact spend quite a bit of time there. However, as a resident of Minneapolis, I found this a bit humorous.

runnings
The past two days I've run with a friend of mine. I've frequently said I don't like running with people, but I'm changing my mind. It was motivating to have a running partner and it also kept my mind off things like the heat and being tired. I also think he's helping up my pace a bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Running with others could be a good thing, I should think. Certainly beats running after others. And it's far better than running from others.

Even as a St. Paulite, I could certainly imagine chuckling along at the theater. True, we have Garrison and the Saints and MN Women's Press....but still, let's face it, Minneapolis is far cooler, far more hip. No comparison. But still...I once heard it said that "Minneapolis is the woman you date....St. Paul is the woman you marry." (Hmmmm...you know, I'm not sure if this is good or bad, come to think of it....!!)

:^)

Jo

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home