Monday, August 21, 2006

A City Is A City

random
I only had my nieces and nephew for the day Friday and they also ended up leaving a little earlier than expected because my sister came down with strep. Ouch. After we took my sister to urgent care, we left her resting and I entertained the kids by taking them to the duck pond and to the Children’s Museum. This took much of the day and by the time we returned to my home, we only had enough time to eat a little dinner before we all met up with my brother-in-law. My nephew was very disappointed.

Josh: “But Aunt RR, I didn’t get to spend hardly anytime at your house!”
RR: “I know, but I got to take you around my city!”
Josh: “A city is a city.”

I’m not sure that my condo is that exciting, but I understand my nephew not being concerned about what a city has to offer. He isn’t thinking about what city he is in – he’s just at his aunt’s and he isn’t ready to leave. I, on the other hand, am frequently thinking about the city I live in and what I can do with it. I want to know what the entertainment is even if I don’t always attend. I want to know some of the fun facts (like the bundt pan was invented in Minnesota) that make my home unique. I may not always be here, but I live here now and I’m going to explore here.

runnings
I bought $8 running socks yesterday. A few years ago I wouldn't have known the difference between a regular pair of socks and running socks. And I wouldn't have paid $8. I no longer run in regular socks and am frequently low on running socks so it seemed natural to pick up a pair while I was in a store that carried them. Running is dulling my bargain shopping skills.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we were able to provide you with some blog material for a couple days. :) Thanks again for entertaining the kids and helping out your sick sis. Ancient One is right ... you are a "cool aunt."

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark this day on the calendar! Someone actually agreed with the Ancient One! This is the first time that's happened since the winter of '09 during a raging blizzard when the Ancient One said, "it's cold outside".

Who says that when you get old, life isn't exciting.

Ancient One

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home