Friday, August 04, 2006

Big Blue Beast

random
I ducked over to the Guthrie at noon to pick up tickets for the Great Gatsby. It was my first visit to this big blue beast. I wandered around a bit and I think I like it. I didn't have a lot of time so I can only recount my first impression. It seamed clean, precise and almost stoic. There were a lot of interesting angles and windows around and everything seemed very geometric. My main goal (besides the tickets) during my visit, however, was the "Endless Bridge". The bridge portion wasn't really a bridge, but a big ramp to the 5th floor restaurant. This was a little disappointing, but the outdoor portion is very scenic and calm. I was even only out there with just 3 other people. I could see popping over at noon again just to sit and enjoy the quiet view of the river and the Stone Arch Bridge.

runnings
I had no idea there was a National Distance Running Hall of Fame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home