Monday, August 28, 2006

Back From the BWCA

random
I'm back from my trip to the BWCA. I'm not sure if I want to write about the amazing night sky, the pain (yet accomplishment) of double packing on a portage, the camaraderie of our group, the scurrying animals on my night trip to the outdoor bathroom, or the mesmerizing campfires. So, for now, a few photos:

The shoreline at our campsite

A spider web at our campsite

Our fearless leader


runnings
Talk about cross training. Not only did the portages work my legs, but the extra few trips up and down a lake because we were lost worked my arms and core nicely.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meme From Adanville said...

Looks U had fun...

I try to fish around the Boundary Waters every year, really enjoy it. Superior National Forest is place to see for sure.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RR, your're home! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time; I knew you would. And hey, you guys didn't drop the water jug in the lake: who could ask for more? Welcome back, hon! :^)
Jo

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One has been pondering fresh toe-nail polish in the Boundary Waters for several days. The Ancient One has little to do except ponder such questions.

The conclusion to this pondering:
Had the Ancient One worn fresh toe-nail polish when guiding there, no one would have wanted to paddle with him.

Welcome back! The Ancient One hopes you had a great trip! Of course, every trip to the BWCA is GREAT!

Ancient One

11:13 AM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

The BWCA stands for Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Most of the area is only accessible by canoe (or other paddle method). Another W got tacked on at some point for the Wilderness designation, but I don't think people usually use the ending W.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home