Saturday, August 19, 2006

Feeding The Ducks

random
I had my sister's three kids for the day yesterday. While brainstorming of ways to entertain them, my friend Jo mentioned the duck pond at St. Kate's in St. Paul. It's amazing how tame these ducks are. Once I convinced my nephew to stop chasing them, the ducks wandered right up to us and we had a great time feeding them.



runnings
I was able to do a 6.5 mile run this morning without any knee problems. Since I wasn't feeling much pain and it was great running weather, I was able to pay more attention to my surrondings this morning. One of my favorite parts of running on the Greenway is Vera's Garden. This is such a well kept, thriving garden that even though I'm just running by it still seems to have a calming effect. It helps too that I use this garden on my way back as a landmark for being close to finishing my run when I run past. Very calming.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One: You are, indeed, the cool aunt. The Ancient One is quite certain everyone had a nice time. Well done!
Alas, The Ancient One isn't cool. Just ancient.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is "Vera's Garden" where the community garden used to be on Garfield?

When I lived there in the early 90s before the greenway existed it was a really thriving vegetable garden.

Took a year or more to get off the waiting list for a plot.

5:38 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Next to Vera's Garden is still a community garden. I don't know if Vera's space was once part of that garden or not though.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home