Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dress Up Day

random
Today important enough visitors were at my work such that we were all requested to dress in business casual attire. We really don’t have any dress code so people are usually pretty relaxed, yet rarely inappropriate. Largely just because I have fun with fashion and clothing I didn’t look any different today than I do most days. However, I work in technology. Most of my direct coworkers usually have the jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops uniform on. I did enjoy seeing people a bit dressed up today whom I imagined never to own a pair of khakis (one co-worker did claim his were borrowed). The Pioneer Press had an article a few weeks ago about dress codes in the work place. Some of the rules described in the article I would even have a hard time with (no jeans? no casual sandals?). Knowing the pain a few of my co-workers went through to find pants or a button up shirt today makes me think they couldn’t handle it either. If our visitors thought we looked sharp today, they'd get a shock tomorrow. I’m sure I won’t be the only one donning jeans. And I'm wearing casual sandals for sure (just not pink).

runnings
I'm looking forward to an evening run before I play volleyball. Again, I just couldn't get up early enough to run in the morning. I have to work in some mileage before I'm gone for the BWCA for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home