Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rush Hour

random
I did the rush hour thing this morning. Knowing I needed to drop my car in Burnsville for service in the morning, I went down to visit friends in Lakeville last night. It was a nice visit and my friends were very accommodating, but the commute this morning was just painful. I live in the city for many reasons, but today the lack of commute is right up there towards the top of the list. Now I'm off to fight traffic to pick up my car. I may have to visit a bar on my return.

runnings
My knee is still a bit stiff. I couldn't ice my knee last night because then I would have had to admit to my friends I was staying with that it was sore. Last year when I had knee problems my friend kept telling me the running was bad for me and I shouldn't continue. I think she even said something about me not being young anymore. Now, I appreciate her concern, but I think this was a little extreme of a stance to take on my injury. I can't just stop running. I really do enjoy it. The challenge and drive during long runs and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards are so rewarding. I like having goals to work towards. And the calories burned are a nice bonus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After some fascinating, and sometimes confusing, dialog with Random Runnings, She thought it would be nice if I would make an occaional comment to her blog. So, at the risk of being a pest, here goes.

I commute 23 miles every day. Most of the time, it's just fine. I try to leave at the right time. I listen to the radio, or a collection of rather cool guitar music. And, I think. Sometimes I think about work. Sometimes, I think about being lucky enough to have some very good friends. Sometimes I think about my guitar music.

I want to extend my sincere thanks to RR for letting me add an occasional comment. I will try to be as delightful and sincere as she is.

Enjoy the commute. Enjoy the short commute. Enjoy the long commute. Enjoy.

Ancient One

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your knee issues, hon. That's too bad. Hope you get it resolved sooner than later.

Believe me, RR, I get it. I really do. Running is your passion, your bliss. Good for you! I completely honor and respect that.

>Launches into Mother Hen Mode< Listen to your knees, my dear. Deal with it, fix it now, or you will not be running at 60, 50, 40, or even next month.

Okay, end of lecture! :^) (A lecture delivered only because I care so much!)

Hey, ancient one: Guitar music? I am intrigued! I am a guitarist (albeit amateur) so your reply naturally caught my eye)...soooo...acoustic or electric? And what genre? Do elaborate, please! :^)

Jo

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jo,

The Ancient One doesn't want to get off on a tangent about guitar playing. Although, that would be quite easy and delightfully fun to do. However, it would probably be boring for most of the other readers. And, the Ancient One (notice that the Ancient One always refers to himself/herself/itself in the third person: very majestic sounding, don't you think?)doesn't want to distract from RR's own insights and musings. It is, after all, her blog.

So, The Ancient One has asked RR to forward pertinent contact details. Then, we can talk about the important issues in life....like how to play B maj/min flat 9ths in the 4th position.

Ancient One

9:50 AM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

I'm not sure that my insights and musing always make for interesting reading, so Ancient One's and other's comments are always welcome. However, I know little of guitar. So I'll quickly forward on contact information for side line guitar chats.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home