Sunday, August 13, 2006

Charlie Parr

random
This weekend I made my way to the Pizza Luce Block Party with a goal. To hear Charlie Parr. I discovered this folk and Piedmont-style blues guitarist from Duluth through a coworker of mine about 6 months ago. Part of what draws me to Charlie Parr is his completely unassuming appearance with his tractor-style cap, flannel shirt and untied work boots. His sound feels somewhat unabahsed and telling. Turnpike has a great series of interviews with him along with video of him playing.

runnings
I did go for a 5 mile run this weekend with some amount of success. I know I wasn't too speedy, but my knee didn't feel any different afterwards than before I went for the run. The only problem is I know I'm off on my mileage now for the intermediate program I had hoped to somewhat follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home