Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mall of America

random
On this date back in 1992 the Mall of America opened. I really don't frequent this imposing establishment. There are only a few stores I really care to make the trip for and I also find parking annoying. I have at least solved my parking aversion by taking LRT. The number of people that can flood the MOA during the holidays is unappealing and it just can’t be used for a quick shopping trip. The MOA may not be my fondest tourist attraction of the Twin Cities, but I’ll at leave give up a Happy Birthday. It does bring in some people who may not otherwise visit Minnesota and it really is a good people-watching venue.

runnings
My knee almost feels completely normal. It was suggested to me that I continue to ice my knees every time I run as a preventative measure. If something in my knee is irritated, the initial swelling may be unnoticeable, but it can build on itself and enhance that initial irritation. This seems to make sense, but it also seems that I shouldn’t be developing an icing habit for at least another 10 years!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Talk about coincidence. I was just at MOA tonight. I, too, really can't stand the place. Too much of everything. Way too many people, way too much stuff. I once read of a wonderful Japanese tradition where once a year, you are required to go through your house, top to bottom, and lay your hands on virtually everything you own in a 24 hour period. Think of it: touch every material object in your possession in one day. I wonder how many Americans can do that? Hmmmm.....
But Lego Land at MOA >almost< makes the trip worthwhile. Just bring a kid there, and you'll see what I mean! :^)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home