Thursday, August 10, 2006

Talker

random
I’m a talker. Some of my friends give me a hard time about this and I think other friends enjoy it. I like to think of it as a charm. This charm, however, surely needs development. My friend George is a talker, but he’s a conversationalist. He enjoys talking to people and truly is interested. I do strive towards this (when I think to), but it’s a work in progress. Something that was highlighted to me tonight about conversation was listening. I met a person who was quite the talker and missed the move from talking to conversation. Sometimes the person you’re talking to isn’t necessarily talking to have a conversation, but to talk. I’ve done that… ask several of my friends. My take on this person though was that he needed to talk. Perhaps it was a result of unease from wandering into a circle of women, perhaps it was a response to a personal need, or perhaps he simply talks too much. But it was a good exercise in listening for this talker. But watch out, I have some pent up talking to do....

runnings
I did get out for a 2.5 mile run this morning. I couldn't resist the nice weather and I don't want to fall too far off my running. The run seemed fine, but I think the sand volleyball the night before may not have been the best for my knee. However, this ice bag is great! The best part is I can fill it with some ice, add water, and it's cold and covers the whole knee. Guess it beats frozen corn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One knows ice bags. Not much else, of course, but ice bags.

Example: Mix 1800 tequila, Triple Sec, and Grand Marnier with ice in the ice bag. Get a LONG straw. Ice the knee and sip the margarita. Repeat until the knee doesn't hurt.

The Ancient One knows ice bags.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home