Monday, October 02, 2006

Shortcut to the Capital

random

runnings
I think I can call the TC 10 Mile another successful run. This Shortcut to the Capital is almost enough inspiration for the full TC Marathon. The course is scenic (but of course we already knew it was scenic here) but challenging and the people along the way are a great inspiration. I had a few friends show up, but even people I didn’t know were cheering for everyone. With around 5000 people running, one of my favorite things was to be running down a hill and see people fill the road ahead of me as far as I could see. I imagine the marathon is even more spectacular in its people. Maybe I’m content with half marathons and less. I’m not sure. I do know at a few hills I was having a hard time imagining hitting them after 20 miles versus 4. I ran the course in 1:27:24 and considering the knee and hills I’m happy. Now I plan to rest for a few weeks for my knee and then decide what to train for next.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing the race!!! Sorry I missed your calls over the wkd, but we're all very excited that you (and your knee) made it! I'm also glad to hear that the knee is going to get a well-deserved rest for awhile.

It's kind of funny. You talk about how you couldn't imagine hitting parts of the course at mile 20 instead of mile 4... And I'm sitting here thinking that I can't imagine running at all! Are you sure we came from the same gene pool? :)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home