Saturday, September 30, 2006

Halloween, Alaska

random
Last night I went with a few friends to hear Halloween, Alaska at the Varsity Theatre. This is one of my favorite bands and I especially love seeing them live to watch David King drum. I'd never been to the Varsity Theatre , but after the initial panic of getting tickets, it wasn't a bad venue. My friend George made it there before another friend of mine and I did and phoned us telling us the line was 500 people and a few blocks long. I pleaded with him to get in line anyway and I'd be there shortly. Well, needless to say, he exaggerated a little and we got tickets just fine. Once we were inside and enjoying Halloween, Alaska, I realized I'm either getting old or I'm appreciating music more. We were right near the front and could see pretty well, but it was just too loud. I'm going to go with the explanation of this being because I wanted to hear the music clearer, not because my ears are becoming sensitive with age.

runnings
I picked up my race number today, along with a knee brace. Armed with a timing chip, race bib, and a knee brace, I should finish tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the crowd that gathers. I've never watched the TC Marathon, but I've heard the crowd is motivating and energetic. Hopefully they'll be out an hour early for the 10-milers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's old age. ;)

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One has observed that RR's sister is wise beyond her years. Oh yes. Knee brace. Ice bag. Music too loud.

Let the Ancient One know when you wish to speak about bran in your diet.

hehehehehehe

PS The Ancient One is in Vegas. He believes he will catch the early buffet and be in bed by 7:30. :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home