Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lots of Chili

random
Last night several friends of mine and I made chili. Lots of chili. Enough chili that we used 30 pounds of hamburger and about 30 pounds of onions. Next month my church is having our annual bazaar and somehow I'm in charge of the kitchen. One guess what our primary menu item is.




runnings
My volleyball team won last week so we moved onto the second round of playoffs tonight. My team requested I take care of my knee since I couldn't play last week, so I didn't go for a run today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... my question would be: who gets to store all that chili in the meantime?!? And who had the honor of hosting the "chili-fest" in their kitchen -- was that your countertop in the picture? :)

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of the Chili Chums, I would like to say that I had a grand time! Productive fun: you can't beat that. Kudos, RR, for a project well-organized. But oh, oh, the onions! Oh, the tears! I hadn't cried that much since Bush was re-elected!
:^)
Jo

9:50 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

We made the chili at the church and it is all sitting in the freezer there. It's better the church smells like onions for a few days than my place, right? And Jo, you are so right about the tears.

10:13 AM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Lol! Now if I'm going to ship chili to Canada I'm going to make some good stuff with some kick instead! We had to make some safe, Lutheran chili.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home