Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Watching The Twins Win

random
Last night I went to the Twins game with a few friends. I don’t really follow baseball, so I don’t think it is quite being a bandwagon jumper as much as going to a game because I enjoy sports. I’m a competitive person so the challenge of achieving a win in a game of any sport can draw me in. The modest, but raucous crowed could have drawn most anyone in too. The attendance was only 20,991, but the dome was noisy and active. We were on our feet by the end of the game (the exciting top of the 8th helped). And a game isn’t complete until you’ve been booted from the seats you tried to move to right?

runnings
I chose to miss my volleyball game figuring running and jumping in the sand wouldn't do much for my knee. Plus I wasn't sure how helpful I'd be since I probably wouldn't be moving too quickly. I've known of people who have consciously chosen not to participate in other sports because they are too dedicated to running. Their focus and time is on running and they don’t want to risk injury either. I’m not there. Even though as I let my knee rest I’m itching to run, I can’t imagine giving up other sports either. Nor do I want to think of giving up running.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about what happened after the game, hmmmmmm............?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, rr, now you really must tell what happened after the game...come, come, you mustn't blow off the question.

>Giggle!<

Jo

(Puns intended, of course!)

3:32 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Well.... I guess now I have to tell! (Or at least allude.) After the game my friends and I headed to the Eagle. We witnessed some... affection... on the patio.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One wasn't there!! REALLY!!!

He knows nothing....
sees nothing....
hears nothing.

Damn....boring.

The Ancient One believes there is a haiku in there somewhere.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home