Wednesday, September 20, 2006

You Know A Bar Is Closing When...

random
Last night I met a friend of mine for a drink at Boom! in honor of it closing this Sunday. I like the comment made at Metroblogging Minneapolis about Boom! having a wide open window and space rather than the dark, hidden image GLBT bars tended to have in the past.
I have to say though, you know a bar is closing when there isn't toilet paper in the bathroom, but a stack of napkins.

runnings
I went out for a run today at noon and crossed paths with a man I frequently see. For some reason we started saying hello to each other over a year ago, but have never really chatted. Today he paused and asked me if I was doing the TC Marathon and I had to tell him I was just doing the 10 mile. Part of me wishes I could have answered yes. I feel like it would be a great accomplishment (yes, that is my competitive side speaking), but I know that I need to figure out my pains I'm having in my hip and knees before thinking about it. And training for a marathon is certainly a big time dedication, which my social schedule would have a hard time with. And I think a few friends of mine would sit me down and strongly urge me to think twice about a marathon. I never even considered a marathon before last year and I am happy with my distances so far, but the thought is still lurking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home