Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Navarathree

random
Yesterday evening I was invited to a friend's home for Navarathree. This is an Indian festival of dolls for women and girls celebrated for nine days. During these nine days, women keep steps or stands displaying a variety of dolls and figurines and invite each other to their houses to see their dolls. My friend and her daughters were dressed in traditional dress and served us some delicious Indian food as well. None of the guests there last night were Indian so it was special to have the cultural holiday shared with us.

runnings
I'm working on a Halloween costume. This means I have quite a bit of stuff strewn on my living room floor. Last night I stepped on the pin cushion and stuck my foot with a sewing needle. At least I didn't break off the needle in my foot like my mom did years ago, but it definitely hurt. I was worried it would affect my run this weekend, but I got out for a run today and it hurt, but was manageable. I'm sure it'll be better this weekend. When I told one of my friends about it, his response was that I should consider cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home