Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Grocery Shopping

random
After the gym I wanted to stop quickly for a few groceries so I popped over to Kowalskis. I know my bill can be higher at Kowalskis than at Rainbow, but I find it to be a more pleasant shopping experience. Tonight highlighted that. I efficiently picked up a few things and made my way to the check out. DJ checked me out and chatted me up. Now, some of my friends may say the more likely story is I chatted up DJ, but I like to believe the conversation was due to a friendly, happy employee. The start of our conversation:

DJ: Did you find everything you needed?
Me: Yes thanks.
DJ: Did you pick anything up for me?
Me: (pause) You know, it slipped my mind.
DJ: (laughing) I like that! Good response! You didn't give me a "do I know you??".

The conversation moved to a discussion over my groceries but the whole time DJ was smiling and laughing. It ended with him politely asking my name and telling me not to be a stranger.

Perhaps not everyone would be thrilled with a random conversation and the case is just that I love talking to people, but it made me leave the grocery store smiling and considering going to Kowalski's more often.

runnings
Because it is still quite warm out I made my way to the gym after work again. I haven't figured out where to try running 800s or how to do them on the treadmill so I just ran 3.5 miles. I'm not fond of the treadmill and it was a little more unpleasant due to the fact that my headset isn't working well, but overall it was a decent run. I think bumping up the treadmill speed actually helps my attitude on the treadmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home