Thursday, July 13, 2006

Very Hearty of You

random
I got to my first show of the season at the zoo last night. Even if I only make one zoo concert this year (hopefully not) I couldn’t have asked for a better one. Not only were the Indigo Girls fabulous, but also the crowd was immersed in the show. Whenever there was a pause in vocals, claps, cheers and hollers would inevitably ensue. And by about half way through, the audience got over their Minnesotan good manners and stood up and moved to the music.

The crowd enjoyed the Indigo Girls and it seems the Indigo Girls enjoyed us and were even impressed with us. Amy Ray commented on the heat stating she was impressed with how we not only had the cold but the heat as well. She said it was “Very hearty of you.” I think that's flattering, right?

runnings
Finally. Yesterday I got up early enough to run in the morning. Due to my well developed snooze skill I was up a little later than I intended to, but I did work in a 4.5 mile run on the greenway. It was great to be up and I didn't mind the temperature too much (although I was dripping when I finished). There seemed to be an exorbitant amount of bikers out and I only crossed paths with a handful of runners. I'm guessing the runners got up a little earlier than I did and finished before I was done pushing snooze.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take any pictures?

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh, the Indigo Girls! Lucky you! They are truly fantastic live. I saw them a couple of years ago...just the girls on stage, no back up. Man, the energy...the amazing talent. They just give and give and give. And then they give some more. It was a performance I will never forget. :^)
Jo

10:45 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Yes, amazing talent... and I didn't take pictures of it. I have to learn to carry my camera!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home