Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Birthday Messages

random
What a great feeling to come home after a successful celebration of my birthday and listen to several messages on my phone from friends and family wishing me happy birthday. And several people sang. But not my sister. She has a beautiful voice – why didn’t she sing??

runnings
I recently read this article on warm weather running. It made me feel a bit better about how much of a hard time I was having running in the heat since it states that at temperatures over 65˚ F your body starts to have a hard time getting rid of the heat buildup. The article also suggests slowing down. This is a problem for me. I’m a competitive person and always time my runs. I’m guilty of frequently charting out my times and seeing how I’ve improved (or not) on a specific route. I’ve been trying to not worry about my times (although I’m still timing…) and to just let myself run at a level that doesn’t make me dislike running. I think I did that pretty well today. I ran the 4 mile River Road loop near work at noon today in about 76 degree, sunny weather and my time was right there with my longest times for that route. But I didn’t come out of the run wondering if I could get motivated for the next run.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought your sister was doing good just remembering your birthday! :)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it's not like you sing for other people's birthdays either so not sure you have much to gripe about.

Happy birthday (yet again).

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home