Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mayflies On The Radar

random
Last Thursday night there was a large enough hatch of mayflies near La Crosse WI that it showed up on the weather radar. Not only did they register on the radar, but they were piling up in drifts on bridges over the Mississippi. That's too many bugs for me.

runnings
I got in a 3.5 mile run and 3 mile run yesterday and today at the gym. Both were decent runs and I even have upped the speed on the treadmill a bit. I also just signed up for the Life Time Fitness Torchlight Run on July 19th. It should be a fun 5k through the city and perhaps I'll be able to judge where I'm at in my running. I'm hoping for a cool evening... in July. I'm guessing chances of that aren't very good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... I've just got to say that the whole mayfly thing is truly disgusting. A few bugs is bad enough, but when you get "drifts" of bugs, and they can actually show up on radar, that's too much. And they made it sound so positive too: "it might mean water quality is improving." So this bug swarm is a good thing?????? Yuck! :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home