Monday, June 26, 2006

Keeping Up With Garbage

random
I always have a little satisfaction with keeping up with traffic downtown when I'm riding my bike to work. Of course, I also drive my car to work, so I can't have complete piety, but it does add a little element of fun to see how long it takes me to get down Hennepin Ave versus a certain car. Well, this morning I unintentionally kept pace with a garbage truck all along Hennepin. And it had to have just picked up some choice garbage. I have to say I wasn't quite as excited about keeping up with traffic this morning!

runnings
I actually did get in a good run last night. There is nothing like being motivated to run because you mentioned it in your own blog. It was around 8pm so there wasn't any strong sun and it had cooled off. When I left my place I wasn't sure how far I was going to go, but once I got going I was feeling good and did a 6.5 run on the Greenway, around Lake of the Isles and back. I actually felt like I was in running shape! I wasn't overheated and I was enjoying the time outside. I was even thinking to myself that I look forward to when I can build up to a 10 or 12 mile run again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home