Monday, February 08, 2010

Starting Mileage

random

runnings
I did sign up for the Minneapolis Marathon and training is under way. Last weekend RF and I nicely made 9 miles, but none too quick. The snow is still causing some slow down and the temperature is still on the unfriendly side. All considered, I’m not worried about pace yet. I am a bit unsettled about mileage. I realized the previous two marathons RF and I had come off half marathons and were already at a comfortable mileage such that we were building off of 13 mile long runs. We’re right on pace with an 18 week training program, but I just feel like we’re starting with a bit more of a challenge. My positive twist on this is perhaps this will keep me from getting burned out and keep my body fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home