Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Out

random

runnings
I feel like I’ve been running inside a bit too much lately. I don’t want to end up never quite acclimating and missing out on enjoying winter running so I got out today in the 18 degree temperature and 4 degree wind-chill. Although I was a bit uncomfortable, it wasn’t the temperature that I had to fight but the paths and sidewalks instead. I still believe the city of Minneapolis does well clearing paths after snow falls, but it looks like the recent heavy snow, melting, rain and refreezing was a new match. The paths were cleared but the ruts and patches of ice forced a bit of creative weaving in my running. Several blocks were glare ice and as I attempted to run in the snow next to the sidewalk I realized I not only looked a bit silly but was bound to twist or tweak something so I slowed to a walk, or more of a trudge. It still felt good to be outside but I need to either make sure I finish before sundown or start bringing a balaclava.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home