Monday, February 01, 2010

Apprehension

random

runnings
Yesterday I realized this week is 18 weeks out from a June 6th marathon. Today I realized the Twin Cities registration opens tomorrow and the price goes up for the Minneapolis Marathon Thursday. Time to figure this out. I have the feeling what is going to pan out is the Minneapolis and Twin Cities. As I was looking at the course for the Minneapolis this evening, however, I suddenly started to feel some apprehension. I feel I’ve been successful in two marathons, but a new course is a little daunting. I know how mile 22 feels on Summit, but I have no idea how mile 22 would feel on West River Parkway. I know the Twin Cities Marathon crowd is a great motivator, but I expect Minneapolis doesn’t compare. The Minneapolis would be a new challenge in several ways it looks like. I have to get over the nervousness and dive in. Maybe by Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home