Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dear Diary

random
I recently came across my diary from 5th grade. Besides noting my horrible handwriting and poor spelling, it is interesting to see what was important to me. Every day for the first half of the year I ended my diary entry with a note of which stuffed animal I slept with. I still have a fondness of adorable, happy stuffed animals, but when I was younger they were very important to me and I wanted to treat them fairly. When reading my diary it reminded me of when I was even younger and trying to figure out how to make sure each stuffed animal had a chance to sleep with me. I first tried lining them up along side me down the length of my bed, rotating which was at the top, but decided they surely weren’t getting enough air. Apparently by 4th grade I’d moved to one stuffed animal at a time, but still with a strong sense of fairness. Midway through the year, however, I ended a diary entry with "I'm not going to write down which stuffed animal I slept with anymore."

runnings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home