Monday, November 23, 2009

Sister Run

random

runnings
This weekend I got to run with my sister. We first ran on treadmills next to each other. She just started running earlier this year, so while I tried to be sure she knew I wasn’t concerned about going a slower pace to run with her, I think part of the motivation for starting with treadmills was so she wouldn’t worry about slowing me down. We did go our own paces, but I got a little extra out of the run too. I was excited to find it was exhilarating to be the motivator. We agreed to 30 minutes and my sister admitted to not wanting to walk with me next to her. But not only did she not walk, we kept going past 30 minutes so she could hit a mileage marker and she even increased beyond her normal pace. I really liked being able to see my sister push on her run and my satisfaction wasn’t what I’d done that day, but what I’d helped my sister accomplish. If we lived closer, I’d always be game for a run and she’d never have to worry about upsetting my pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home