Monday, November 16, 2009

The Route to Measure By

random

runnings
After Saturday’s post, I have to share Sunday’s run. It was a beautiful afternoon and I wanted to get out again not only for the weather, but for a little reassurance my distance abilities hadn’t really fallen to 4 miles. I had a happy, brisk run of 6.5 miles on a familiar route. I’ve actually used this route a few times to measure my current running fitness. The first time I considered running long distances, I tried out this route to make a decision. Last year mid training, I ran the same route and even added to it as a mid week run, realizing I had previously considered it a long run for the weekend. I remember this same milestone when training for the marathon this year. Now, the route is back as a weekend run, but I’m happy I’m at least running it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home