Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ragnar Success

random

runnings
My Ragnar team had an incredibly successful run last weekend. In fact, we finished an hour and a half faster than we thought we would. I think each team member exceeded their own expectations. We placed 52nd out of 216 teams. As captain, I’m thrilled with our team results, but also as captain, I had a different experience this year. I was a bit consumed by organizing for the race a few weeks prior and during the race I found myself wanting to be sure people enjoyed themselves and that we played fair and followed the rules. I missed one social rule though. While on the course I don’t think it’s uncommon for people to make use of the woods. In the middle of the night I found myself needing to do just that. I was set to be the next runner and therefore wanted to make sure I relieved myself before my run. Not being shy, I chose to hop into the ditch next to the van as we waited for our runner to pass. Considering the dark, I didn’t actually venture far away from the van at all. As some cars approached us, I still wasn’t too concerned figuring people wouldn’t really be looking into the ditch. As the cars passed, I realized I was dressed and ready to be the next runner...which included a reflective vest. Whoops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home