Monday, July 13, 2009

Ragnar Social

random

runnings
I’m really excited how my Ragnar team is coming together. Not one person in the group knows everyone and the people I know are a mixture of close friends, acquaintances, unexpected reunions and even unrealized acquaintances. About half the team got together for a run yesterday evening and it was a treat to run with a group that size. And this is coming from someone who used to only run alone! Running has become so much more of a social event for me and organizing a team of 12 to run 200 miles might be close to the epitome of a running social. I’m excited to see our abilities come together to conquer the route from LaCrosse to Minneapolis. In fact, one of the things that I like about the team is that everyone is willing to take on a hard runner position. Everyone has the ability and I don't think anyone wants to take it easy. We certainly aren’t going to win the thing, and we’re going to focus on fun, but I think everyone is ready to leave some enthusiastic sweat behind on the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home