Sunday, September 07, 2008

Visiting Kansas

random
My niece and the family dog:


runnings
It was a good thing RF and I did Saturday’s run together because it was a physical and mental challenge that we pulled each other through (I definitely needed the majority of the pulling though). Since next weekend is another big run, we were only going to do 10 miles, but actually went for 14. I’m glad we made the extra mileage, but I was disappointed that 14 was not easy. I didn’t even start out fresh. My legs were sore and tired. I’m not sure if I need more rest, to eat differently or something else, but last night I even tried ice. I was proactively icing my knee and decided to roll over and ice the back of my thighs and calves. A friend once told me I needed ice baths and I think he was right. Icing my legs felt like spa treatment. It was relaxing and calming and with the ice, my legs no longer had the uncomfortable feeling they’d had all day. That could be because they were numb, but I appreciated it! And my legs do feel better today than they did all last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home