Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sixteen

random

runnings
Probably much to my visiting parent’s dismay, I was a bit worked up last night over today’s 16 miles. I was worried I’d have a repeat of the illness I felt after the hilly 14.5 a few weeks ago. I was also concerned because I was going to be running alone. I hydrated, ate right and went to bed early. I woke up feeling better about the run but became excited for the run when I realized I had a text message from RF saying she could now do the 16 with me. We weren’t speedy, but we made the 16 just fine. In fact, I can’t believe how well it went. Apart from a sudden double-over side cramp in the last quarter mile, the run felt good. I’m hesitant to say it, and I know the run wasn’t exactly easy, but I believe I could have done more. Maybe not 10 more yet, but a mile might have been doable. Right now I won’t push it and will just be pleased I’m not dehydrated and hobbling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on ya girl! :-)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home