Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ragnar Results

random

runnings
I made it to my Ragnar team’s meeting place a little late, but in time for us to take off by 4:45am Friday for LaCrosse. Our team’s start time was 8am and I was the first leg. Each of our 6 van members ran a leg and then van 2 took over. When they had each run a leg, our van and runners took over again. This continued until about 4:30pm Saturday. We ran through the night, decked out in reflective vests, headlamps and LEDs. My night leg was the most challenging with the hills, but my Saturday morning was the one I was most worried about with lack of sleep. We squeezed in a two hour nap around 4am but had to get up and on the road to meet van 2 again. Somehow though, I managed to run my final 3.1 miles in 23:19 for 7:31 miles. I’m suspicious the mileage was off, but either way, I’m impressed with what I did on little sleep.
The rest of my team was truly impressive and inspiring though. People tackled incredible hills, ran unexpected distances and even ran injured. One woman was battling back spasms but was still determined to continue as a member of our team. Her doctor had given her the ok as long as she could handle the pain. She was in pain, but only admitted it when asked and had successful runs. I know I’m going to run into some tough moments in my training and at the marathon, but I now have to remind myself of my teammate’s perseverance.

Well, I can’t resist giving a recap of the legs I ran.
Leg 1 7.3 miles 59:00 minutes
Leg 13 6.2 miles 54:19 minutes
Leg 25 3.2 miles 23:19 minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home