Saturday, August 30, 2008

Eighteen

random

runnings
I did not end up running any more during the week. I seemed to just really need the rest. It at least didn’t seem to harm me because I successfully completed our 18 miles this morning. Our goal was to incorporate Summit Ave in our route since it is the long uphill at the end of the marathon. We considered starting at the capitol, running down Summit to River Road, doing a loop there and running back so the uphill would be at the end of our run like the marathon. However, we were a little worried it may be a bit too busy to park in St Paul with early RNC arrivals. We figured it’d be better to run there and then be able to run away.
The run wasn’t too bad overall until the last couple miles. I definitely began to hurt. We did figure out our route was a half mile over 18 so that is a little consolation for the pain. I still can’t quite imagine another 8 miles. But I also couldn’t imagine more than 13.1 a few months ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home