Sunday, July 27, 2008

Whoops

random

runnings
After running about an hour forty-five yesterday I was ready to say I had conquered the hills at my parents. I’d made it up and down each one, save for the ridiculously steep one that is quicker to walk anyway. I had increased the distance of the route and still had some left, but I was feeling good. My original goal was 13.5 like last weekend, but I gave myself a little leeway considering the hills and just wanted to be sure I hit 12 miles. When I hit two hours and was still on a portion of the route heading away from town, I admitted I had miscalculated the mileage and any upcoming hill was going to win. In order to make sure I got back to my parents, I walked another particularly ominous hill, but then slowly ran the rest of the way in. It looks like I ran 14.5 miles. Whoops. No wonder why I felt a bit ill afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home