Thursday, July 20, 2006

Reading Personal Blogs

random
Future Tense covered the Profile of a Blogger this morning. According to a study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project, about 8% of internet users keep a blog and 37% of bloggers cite "my life and experiences" as their primary topic. Of the 57 million adults who read blogs regularly, they must be reading some personal blogs (versus politically oriented, sports oriented, etc.). So how do people choose what blogs they read? I'm sure it frequently has to do with knowing the blogger, but what about reading those blogs of unknown people? If the focus of that blog is someone's personal life, what draws us to it? Is that person's life interesting? Is the writing exceptional? Or perhaps we just feel like it's acceptable eavesdropping.

runnings
I figure after a fairly successful 5k it's ok to take a day off.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all congrats on your 5K!! Great time. As for blogs, I am not sure blogs will continue to be popular. We tried them on our work web site and they didn't do very well. I think blogs tend to do better if you are invited to them and they are of interest to people. Would I read other personal blogs, especially if I didn't know the person? I would have to say no, time just doesn't allow it and it would have to be a very interesting blog. What about wikis, what do you think of them?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your writing. It's clever..insightful...tasteful...andcharming. This wasn't the best post you've had. But, it's a LOT better after a GREAT margarita! :)
Thanks for sending me the link. I check it every day and really look forward to it.
You are a very smart AND cool person.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On reading random blogs: Hmmm...I suppose interests/hobbies factor in heavily. For example, just for the fun of it, I typed in Mystery Science Theater 3000 under Search All Blogs...I got 8000+ hits on blogs discussing MST3k...a veritble goldmine for a hardcore mistie fan like myself! So there you go. As a matter of fact, I am off right now to search a little deeper on just this juicy blog topic...tootles! :^)
Jo

11:30 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Thank goodness for margaritas!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home