Monday, July 24, 2006

First Experience Kayaking

random
This past weekend I went kayaking on the St. Croix with two of my friends. I had never kayaked before, but I have to say I loved it. I felt a lot more secure in a kayak than a canoe and there was something calming about being in my own vessel. A canoe doesn't easily offer the opportunity to be alone on the river, soaking up your surroundings, since it frequently is a two person endeavor. Even though there were three of us, we had plenty of time to take relaxing moments alone on the river. I'm the kind of person that surrounds herself with people, but I found a lot of enjoyment in being immersed by trees and nature, but with friends a few paddles strokes away. I think I can speak for each of us saying we had a great time together and alone on the water.


runnings
No run today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home