Thursday, April 08, 2010

Running Home

random

runnings
I’ve been trying to be diligent about doing intervals during my marathon training this time and according to the program I’ve (a little loosely) been following, this week I was to do a 10-20 minute warm up, a 1 mile interval with a 400 meter rest interval, a 2 mile interval with an 800 rest interval, followed by two 800s split up by a 400 meter rest interval, and finally followed with a cool down. Even though it seemed a little beyond me and I wasn’t feeling too spunky, I decided to tackle it before work this morning. After my warm up and the first mile interval, I wasn’t so sure I could do another two miles at that pace. I broke up the two miles into mile intervals again and while my pace had been pretty good I wasn’t quite feeling it so started to entertain skipping the 800s and running home at a normal pace. At about the same time, however, I realized I should have turned around in my out and back course much sooner to do this and still get home and cleaned up for work. Suddenly I was motivated to do my last two 800s and even a cool down at a quick pace. My pace definitely improved and I squeaked into work at a decent time. I guess I need to get too far from home to get me to speed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home