Monday, April 05, 2010

Deer Sighting

random

runnings
Saturday RF and I had a down week so we only ran 12. It was surprisingly hard, and it wasn’t my foot. I just felt tired. Part of our run was in Fort Snelling and despite us both feeling a bit worn out, we somehow still decided to run up a large hill we originally hadn’t intended to be a part of our route. It turned out to be worth it. On our way back down the hill, we saw nine deer. Two were within 20 feet of us. Snelling Lake was flooding so they must have been pushed closer to the road. I think they were just as curious as to what we were doing there as we were curious of how close they were. The deer were not only a stunning site, but a good distraction as we pushed through the next few miles. Overall, the run was actually fine and my foot didn’t seem any worse. I seem to have to be careful of uneven ground and have also made a resolution to buy some good supportive sandals for the summer. Time to let a little fashion go I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home