Monday, October 19, 2009

First and Last Run

random


runnings
Yesterday I ran for the first time since the marathon and perhaps for the last time in the countryside at my parents. Soon my parents will be moving to a larger city so my next visit I may not find the same sort of running I’ve grown to enjoy. I intended to take a week off after the marathon and then I came down with a nasty cold so two weeks later I was trying my first run with the friendly Wisconsin hills. Even though I haven't always considered them friendly, they actually have become almost comforting. They come with corn and cows and plenty of quiet. I’m reminded again that one of my joys in running is the variety of places I run through that I wouldn’t normally spend the time to take in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home