Saturday, October 03, 2009

Positive Thinking

random

runnings
I want to get some positive thinking going so I’ve started putting together a list of advantages I have this year over last year. One of my concerns is last year what pulled me through the last 6 miles was the realization we were finishing our first marathon. Even if we had to slow to a shuffle, we were going to finish. This year, we already have one under our belt so what will pull me through? To get out of this thinking, I’ve decided to focus on what having one under our belt will give us and how things have improved this year.
  • All our long runs went better this year. I never sat in an ice bath afterwards nor did I feel like I needed one.
  • I haven’t had to ice my knee since Ragnar, and before that I think it had been a few months. Ragnar is kinda a crazy thing anyway.
  • I never had any strange pains throughout our training. Besides the familiar knee issues, nothing else seemed to act up. Last year I had a foot thing mid training.
  • We did do our 20 miler earlier, but we also did an extra 18 miler.
  • The weather forecast still looks good for tomorrow. Even if I haven’t run in cool weather in six months, I still prefer it!
  • I have a happy new pink headband to wear that might help friends spot me.
  • A good friend will be at mile 16 drumming!
  • I can’t wait to see the crowd of people. I’m told last year the spectator turn out was fairly slim compared to other years because of the weather. I still thought it was impressive so can’t wait to see this year!
  • I remember the amazing feelings I went through last year and can’t wait to experience it all again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jojo said...

Positive thinking: very good plan, my dear! Yes, I have a strong premonition that this year will far surpass last year, both physically and mentally...it's gonna be FABULOUS, I JUST KNOW IT!!1

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home