Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Health

random

runnings
Now that I have all my articles of clothing for the marathon, I’m finding I’m now obsessed with my health. Monday evening I started to feel completely overtired so I was in bed early and had close to 9 hours of sleep. I still woke up yesterday with the tired, watery eyes indicative of an oncoming cold. Throughout the day I not only had the tired eyes, but I had an onset of abdominal pain. If I knew what an ulcer felt like, I’d liken it to that. Despite the discomfort and feeling so tired, I did get out for 4 miles after work. Surprisingly this went well and improved my mood and attitude. I again went to bed early and slept for 8 hours. Waking up this morning was encouraging. I’m not sure I’m 100%, but I believe I’m staving off the cold. Rather than a cold, however, the likely explanation for how I feel is I simply have not gotten enough sleep lately, have run myself down and am now hyper analyzing every sniffle and hiccup from my body. But the abdominal pains are probably due to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jojo said...

"If you want to WIN something, run 100 meters. If you want to EXPERIENCE something, run a marathon."
-Emil Zatopek

Wishing you the experience of a lifetime on Sunday, RR! Good luck...GO FOR IT!!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. Relax...have fun!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home