Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Youthful Inspiration

random
Saturday I found myself being excited and inspired by youths. First I went to the Get In Gear 10K early to watch my friend’s daughter run her first 2K. It was not a great day for a kid’s first exposure to an organized race with temperatures barely in the 30s, a persistent wind and snow. The best part is this didn't stop her. Despite being completely chilled waiting for the 10K to start, I loved seeing my friend’s daughter successfully try out this new sport to her.
Later in the day I went to see another friend’s son play his first gig at the Hat Trick Lounge. Not only did his band play well, but almost all their music was original. They also displayed composure as they enjoyed the audience and smoothly continued through any unexpected sound issues. I hope they have more opportunity to play out!

runnings
The nasty weather Saturday must have worked for me. I unexpectedly beat my 10k time from last year and ran the Get In Gear in 50:19. That evening and the next day my legs felt like they did last weekend after the half though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jojo said...

Oh, aren't you the sweetest? Thanks so much for promoting my firstborn and his band...it was so very cool to see you at the gig!

And hey, congrats on the awesome 50:19, RR! :^)

Jo aka Very Proud Mama

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home