Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Meaning of 7 Miles

random

runnings
After last weekend’s successful run I didn’t get out until Tuesday for a 4 miler. Thinking Saturday’s run was a good indication of my knee’s health, I didn’t think twice about it. Until I was limping around the office afterwards. I reluctantly took the rest of the week off from running. I decided (ok… I simply couldn’t resist) to go for a run around the lakes this morning with a few friends. We did 7 miles and so far my knee is fine. Not only was it a relaxing run, but it was great to be out at 7:30am on a beautiful Saturday morning.

I also love that 7 miles is a pretty easy run for me right now. Every time I build up distance for a race, my definition of a long run gradually changes. Every time I also say I want to maintain the distances after the race. Well, this time is no different. But this time I think I’m more conscious of what my weekend runs can do for me. It isn’t just the exercise, but it’s carving out personal time for something I enjoy, it’s choosing to eat right and go to bed early before a long run, and it's building running relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home