Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Simulcast Met

random
I’ve been slowly learning opera and this past weekend I upped the ante and attended an opera at the Met. I saved the $150+ ticket cost though and attended it as a live simulcast at a local theatre. A friend and I smartly bought tickets beforehand as one screen at the theatre was sold out and the other was close to full.
I largely wanted to go because the production was La Boheme, which is the opera Rent is based on. I’ve seen Rent several times, but after seeing La Boheme, I think La Boheme is now higher on my list. With little expertise to describe the music, I can at least say there was plenty of the big sound I seem to enjoy. That big sound, however, conveyed excitement, love, distress and anguish as various points in the opera. With such a mixture I was bound to enjoy it. And yes, it made me cry at the end.

runnings
I’m finding I should probably remove from my sitting repertoire my favorite position of removing my shoes and sitting cross-legged on my chair at work. Lately it seems it takes my knees a bit to warm up after I get up from this position. I then stiffly wander around the office and find people giving me pitiful looks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One is impressed with your interest in opera! And, surprised! Perhaps another issue to discuss.
The Ancient One is also not able to sit with his legs crossed for any length of time. Of course, at least one of his knees is still a problem. He also knows the pitiful look of co-workers all to well. But, that may not be attibutable to his knees.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home