Saturday, April 07, 2007

Barge Race

random
Apparently there is a race for the first barge to reach St Paul at the start of the Mississippi shipping season. On March 29th the MV Cooperative Venture passed the MV Coral Dawn and was expected to be the first boat to reach St Paul. Pushing 12 barges, was it an intense, nail-biting change in the lead? I wonder if they can quietly come up from behind?

runnings
I ran 12 miles today. Here are 12 thoughts as the run progressed:
1. Beforehand: It’s cold out (wind chill around 18˚F). I’m a little unsure about getting out
2. Starting out: Ok, its not so bad. This is going to be good.
3. Along Minnehaha Parkway: This is such a great route!
4. Still along Minnehaha: Wow, I feel pretty good. I’m not pushing it too hard, but it’s an enjoyable run.
5. Around Lake Nokomis: Oh my gosh that wind is nasty. I’m nuts.
6. Back to Minnehaha: Ok, I’m off the lake, not so bad. I can do this fine.
7. Heading back along Minnehaha: What is that pain? My left hip? That’s nastier than the wind.
8. Paused at a stop light: Am I ready for this distance? Wow do my
hip and knee hurt.
9. A few miles left: Ok, this hurts, but I can do it.
10. On Lake Harriet: That wind is nasty. I’m nuts.
11. Finished: I need to walk, but not so bad! I made 12!
12. Sitting at home blogging, with ice on my knee: This is good. It took until a 12 mile run for my knee to need ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home