Monday, January 22, 2007

New Experiences

random
This past weekend provided me with a few new experiences. The first was breathing underwater. I took a scuba course so I can finish certification on my upcoming trip to Belize. I found controlling buoyancy simply with breathing fascinating. Considering the fun I had just in the pool, I can’t wait until the open water dives. That will probably be as early as Friday or Saturday!

The second experience was eating bone marrow. Friends of mine made a wonderful dinner of goat. I’ve eaten goat before, but I learned the art of eating marrow. Sucking on a bone until the innards come out may not be the most dignified, but it provided quite a tasty result.

runnings
When I bought my shoes I seemed to notice a stiff spot on the side of the shoe. I wasn’t sure how this would feel while running, but since I’d already been through 3 pair of the same brand, I still bought them. A friend of mine who is an avid runner told me to stop thinking about it and just get out and run. He was right. I took the shoes to the gym for a run this weekend and I didn’t notice a thing, except that they felt better than my worn out shoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One has been a diver for years. I see we have common ground for discussion.
Excellent!

Be safe. Breathe and move slowly and relaxed. It conserves air. And you can extend your bottom time significantly.

In Minnesota, always wear a complete wet suit. It's COLD down there.

Ancient One.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home